Many elite athletes consider sports massage an essential part of their training and recovery routine. Sports massage can reduce muscle stiffness and improve relaxation by reducing heart rate and blood pressure. Sports massage also allows you to train more effectively, improve performance, prevent injury, and recover quickly. As well as improve muscle flexibility, increased range of motion in the joints, and decreased muscle stiffness.
Sports Massage covers three main categories: event (pre and post), maintenance, and rehabilitation.
Event massage takes place before an event (or workout), as part of warming up, or afterwards, to reduce the muscle spasms and metabolic build up that occurs after intensive exercise.
Maintenance massage is designed to help the athlete reach peak performance through a routine program of massage. Rehabilitation massage aids in the management of both acute and chronic injuries. These benefits are valuable not only for athletes, but for anyone who works out on a regular basis.
Benefits Of Sports Massage Therapy
- Higher levels of energy
- Maintains the body in better condition
- Prevents injuries and loss of mobility
- Cures and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue
- Boosts performance
- Extends the overall life of your sporting career
- Loosens tight muscles
- Relieves tired, aching muscles
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces chronic pain
- Calms the nervous system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases the flow of blood and lymph
- Improves skin tone
- Speeds recovery from injuries and illness
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces tension headaches
- Reduces mental stress
- Improves concentration
- Promotes better sleep
- Induces mental relaxation
- Provides a feeling of well-being
- Reduces anxiety